I decided yesterday to film an impromptu vlog on my YouTube channel. I’ve really been into YouTube lately and watching other people’s vlogs so hopefully you enjoy it. I will link it down below, but for those who are not interested in video posts here is the jist of it:
- I got a new kitty! Her name is Ember and I adopted her from a friend who couldn’t keep her. It has been a challenging transition with regards to getting Mikey adjusted but things are going better. I had to keep them separated for about 6 weeks and have just recently started letting them spend extended periods of time together unsupervised. Despite the challenges it’s presented, I am so glad that she has joined our little family because I love her to death. She’s adorable and so so sweet.
- My sister got married! She was married in September and as her maid of honor I put together her shower and bachelorette party over the summer. We held the shower at my house, and for the bachelorette party I booked a wine tour on the peninsula. Everything went off without a hitch and she and her new husband have been loving life as a married couple. Here are some pics from the events, starting with her bridal shower, then bachelorette party, then of course the big day!
- I do a quick house tour in my vlog! It’s long over due.
- Lastly, I have some goals for the new year. I’d be lying if I said 2016 was my greatest year, because to be honest I had my rough moments. I’m ready for 2017 and I’m ready for a fresh start. Here are some things I’d like to work on this upcoming year:
- Lose 50 pounds
- Pay off the rest of my student loans (or come as close as possible)
- Be on my phone less, and be more present in the moment
Those goals might sound pretty unoriginal and cliche, but, it is what it is.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and has some fun ringing in the new year.